" We develop ERP,CRM and ECOM applications for our customers around the globe. Being a reseller of Silicon House, we are able to provide complete solution to our customers and keep adding clients rather than worrying about managing their hosting solutions."
- Mr.Arokiyaraja, RR Solutions
YBOX Apps - Super Reseller Suite v.1.1 is an interface layer between System Admin and Reseller in cpanel servers. Traditionally cpanel servers have three tiers System Admin, Resellers, End Users. This had a limitation where in only a System Admin can create a reseller. For large resellers who manage more domains or multiple platforms, this becomes a hindrance to allot resellers under them and to manage accounts in multiple servers under single interface.
YBOX Apps - Super Reseller Suite is the only software that allows you to create and manage multiple resellers in multiple servers in various platforms of hosting such as Linux, Java, Media Streaming, Biz Secure Ftp servers. It is totally light in size as well as operates with negligible or near zero resource usage in your servers.
The Super Reseller Suite is designed in a two-tier architecture where in Admin module can create Super Resellers. Super Reseller in turn can create sub resellers under them, who can have WHM access.
Salient Features of YBOX Apps - Super Reseller Suite v.1.1 are ;
1. Powerful Administrator module to manage server list, super reseller packages and server ips
2. Super Reseller module allows to create sub resellers with WHM access
3. Super Resellers can create accounts in multiple servers in the same interface
4. Super Resellers can create accounts in Linux, Java, Media Streaming, Biz Secure FTP Servers
5. Allows to reset password of sub reseller whm / edit their packages and limits
6. Allows to choose the required ACL for each reseller based on allocation from Administrator
7. Allows to suspend / unsuspend sub resellers
Multi-Platform & Multi-Server Compatible
YBOX Apps - Super Reseller Suite is the only software that allows you to create and manage multiple resellers in various platforms of hosting such as Linux, Java, Media Streaming, Biz Secure Ftp servers. It is totally light in size as well as operates with negligible or near zero resource usage in your servers.
With one stop control interface, you will be able to control reseller accounts in different platform, different servers.
Optimising Web Designs
Optimising your website's files is very important for better utilisation of server resources. Even a high end server can fail to deliver the speed and performance that you look for, if the site is not optimised.
1. Do not scan and directly upload the images to the server. Always compress the file to lower space occupying format such as .jpeg or .gif.
2. As a thumb rule, save an image with photograph or more colors as .jpeg. Since JPEG format has more colors in its color pallatte, it will occupy less file size. Hence it will download faster.
3. Save an image with text or less color as .gif. Gif is a highly compressed format. Since texts have less colors gif will compress them to the lowest possible size and this will enable faster download.
4. Never use images in formats other than .jpeg, .gif, .png.
5. Always work and save your images with 72 dpi. More than this will not make any difference in quality of the picture as far as web is concerned.
6. Do not save as one single image file. Cut the same image into pieces and assemble them in FRONT PAGE or DREAM WEAVER.
7. Some designers use automated tools to slice the images. This affects the site performance drastically. Too many small images will end up in more downloading time than fewer numbers. Hence, number of pieces must be chosen optimally.
8. Do not use more than 7-9 images per page in your photo gallery.
9. Use thumb nails to show preview. Let the visitor decide which one to be seen at high resolution.
1. Do not stack all the contents in on single page. Split the pages into different menus.
2. Programs such as Front Page and Dream Weaver have indicators that will show the downloading time for the web pages that you create in them. As a thumb rule a single HTML page should not exceed more than 30 KB. However, this is not applicable for manuals or documentations. But avoid opening these file from your website. Alternately, you can allow the user to download and then open in his/her desktop.
In computer security technology, a virus is a self-replicating program that spreads by inserting copies of itself into other executable code or documents . Thus, a computer virus behaves in a way similar to a biological virus, which spreads by inserting itself into living cells. Extending the analogy, the insertion of the virus into a program is termed infection, and the infected file (or executable code that is not part of a file) is called a host.
1. Do not open any files attached to an email from an unknown, suspicious or untrustworthy source.
2. Do not open any files attached to an email unless you know what it is, even if it appears to come from a dear friend or someone you know. Some viruses can replicate themselves and spread through email. Better be safe than sorry and confirm that they really sent it.
3. Do not open any files attached to an email if the subject line is questionable or unexpected. If the need to do so is there always save the file to your hard drive before doing so.
4. Delete chain emails and junk email. Do not forward or reply to any to them. These types of email are considered spam, which is unsolicited, intrusive mail that clogs up the network.
5. Do not download any files from strangers.
6. Exercise caution when downloading files from the Internet. Ensure that the source is a legitimate and reputable one. Verify that an anti-virus program checks the files on the download site. If you're uncertain, don't download the file at all or download the file to a floppy and test it with your own anti-virus software.
7. Update your anti-virus software regularly. Over 500 viruses are discovered each month, so you'll want to be protected. These updates should be at the least the products virus signature files. You may also need to update the product's scanning engine as well.
8. Back up your files on a regular basis. If a virus destroys your files, at least you can replace them with your back-up copy. You should store your backup copy in a separate location from your work files, one that is preferably not on your computer.
9. When in doubt, always err on the side of caution and do not open, download, or execute any files or email attachments. Not executing is the more important of these caveats. Check with your product vendors for updates which include those for your operating system web browser, and email.
SPAM is the use of mailing lists to blanket usenets or private email boxes with indiscriminate advertising messages. Very bad netiquette. Even worse, it's bad business. The future of marketing online is about customizing products and information for individual users. Anyone who tries to use old mass market techniques in the new media environment is bound to fail.
The below are the steps to avoid a SPAM if you have not MASS MAILED or sent UNSOLICITED MAILS to others. If you have done so and started getting SPAM. Then there is little that can be done to avoid it. Your domain may to be terminated as it puts heavy load in the mail server.
 USE A SPAM FILTER
While there is no such thing as a perfect filter, anti-spam software can help keep spam at manageable level. If you are linux customer, please enable SPAM Assassin in your cPANEL. If you are a windows customer, please send us the domain that sends spam to you. We will blacklist it in the server side. To report a spam and black list a domain, please click here.
 DON’T POST YOUR ADDRESS ON YOUR WEBSITE
It seems like a good idea at the time, but posting your email address on your personal home page is just an invitation to spammers. Spammers and the people who sell spamming as a business have software that "harvests" email addresses from the Net. This software crawls through the Internet seeking text strings that are -something-@-something-.-something-. When it finds one, it catalogs it on a database of other email addresses to be used to send spam.
 USE A SECOND EMAIL ADDRESS IN NEWSGROUPS
Newsgroups are the great email address gathering ground for spammers. If you post to a group, you’re going to get spam -- it is just a matter of time. So how are you supposed to participate? Use a different email address than the one you use for talking to friends and relatives. In other words, have a public address and a private address. You’ll just have to deal with the spam in your public account.
 DON’T GIVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WITHOUT KNOWING HOW IT WILL BE USED
 NEVER RESPOND TO SPAM
Oh sure, they say they’ll take your name off the list, but they’re lying. What they really want to do is confirm that they’ve got a live address. Also, if you respond, they’ll sell your address to every other spammer on the planet meaning you’ll soon be flooded with even more spam.
 NEVER BUY ANYTHING ADVERTISED IN SPAM
The reason that people spam is because they can make money. They make money, like all advertisers, by convincing people to buy a product. If no one buys the things advertised in spam, companies will quit paying spammers to advertise their products.
 Block images in HTML messages that spammers use as Web beacons A Web beacon can be a graphic image, linked to an external Web server, that is placed in an HTML-formatted message and can be used to verify that your e-mail address is valid when the message is opened and images downloaded. By default, Outlook is set to block automatic picture downloads. To verify what your automatic download settings are, on the Tools menu, click Options. Click the Security tab, and then click Change Automatic Download Settings. Verify that the Don't download pictures or other content automatically in HTML e-mail check box is selected.
 Turn off automatic processing of meeting requests and read and delivery receipts Spammers sometimes resort to sending meeting requests and messages with delivery receipts requested. Responding to meeting requests and read and delivery receipts automatically makes you vulnerable to Web beacons.
 Limit where you post your e-mail address Be cautious about posting your e-mail address on public Web sites, and remove your e-mail address from your personal Web site. If you list or link to your e-mail address, you can expect to be spammed.
 Disguise (or "munge") your e-mail address when you post it to a newsgroup, chat room, bulletin board, or other public places For example, you can give your e-mail address as "firstname.lastname@example.org" by using the number zero instead of the letter "o." This way, a person can interpret your address, but the automated programs that spammers use cannot.
 Use multiple e-mail addresses for different purposes You might set up one for personal use to correspond with friends, family, or colleagues, and use another for more public activities, such as requesting information, shopping, or for subscribing to newsletters, discussion lists, and newsgroups.
 Don't contribute to a charity based on a request in e-mail Unfortunately, some spammers prey on your good will. If you receive an appeal from a charity, treat it as spam. If it is a charity that you want to support, find their number elsewhere and call them to find out how you can make a contribution.
 Don't forward chain e-mail messages Besides causing more traffic over the line, forwarding a chain e-mail message might be furthering a hoax, and you lose control over who sees your e-mail address
While Registering the domain name , you are asked to give an accurate contact information. ICANN broadly requires that the mailing address, phone number and e-mail address of those owning/managing a domain name to be made publicly available through the “WHOIS” directories.
Why we need Privacy Protection:
1]Protect your personal information being displayed at WHOIS to safeguard you from spammers, data harvesters etc.
2]It keeps your e-mail address, postal address, and phone number private while still allowing e-mail correspondence to reach the domain name owner (also known as the Registrant)
3]Another advantage of Using Privacy protection is that you will receive less amount of junk e-mail, postal mail, and unwanted phone calls.
4]Mainly you can avoid Phishing Mails.
5]Privacy protection masks your private Contact information with an alternate contact information.
What happens if we don’t have Privacy Protection for Domains?
The “WHOIS” information enables spammers, direct marketers, identity thieves, or other attackers to loot the directory for personal information about these people .
Is Privacy Protection will cost More?
Absoultely No. We Offer Free privacy Protection.
Number Of Files: The number files that are created / uploaded in a website may not exceed 75000 files at any given time. Sites that create or delete large number of files on a regular basis affect disk integrity.
1. Stacking large number of emails increases inodes and results in file system corruption. It also hinders various server level processes from functioning at normal load. Hence all mails has to be downloaded from the server then and there. Hosting accounts cannot be used as email storage space. Sites that use higher than this limit has to be upgraded to next available accounts that allows usage higher than this as per Silicon House's recommendation.
2. Hosting space cannot be used for data storage or backup dumping. This also increases the number of files thus resulting in higher number of inodes in your account. Such accounts will create issues for normal disk functioning. Hence it has to be upgraded to avoid problems to other websites.
SiliconHouse.Net Offers you Free Privacy Protection
Protect your personal information being displayed at WHOIS to safeguard you from spammers, data harvesters etc.
It keeps your e-mail address, postal address, and phone number private while still allowing e-mail correspondence to reach the domain name owner (also known as the Registrant)
Another advantage of Using Privacy protection is that you will receive decreased amount of junk e-mail, postal mail, and unwanted phone calls.
Mainly you can avoid Phishing Mails.
Privacy protection masks your private Contact information with an alternate contact information.
Optimising your server side scripts such as ASP and PHP is very important for better utilisation of server resources. Even a high end server can fail to deliver the speed and performance that you look for, if the codes are not optimised.
For ASP & MS Access 2000 Websites:
1. It is a good method to store connection string in a common file. This common file can be included as a header in all the pages, wherever it is required.
2. Do not use multiple recordsets in a single page. If your program requires mulitple recordsets in a single file, close the already opened recordsets before opening the new one. [ Use rs.close ]
3. Always close the connection at the end of each asp page. [ Use conn.close ]
4. Always use provider based or dsnless connection. DSN connections use direct system resources. Moreover, the website is not portable if a System DSN is used.
5. IMPORTANT : Avoid using multiple loops in a single pages. Most of the programmers make mistakes in handling loops thus the asp pages will not be executed after few hits.
6. Do not unnecessarily use asp pages. It is strongly adviced to keep the home page as ".html" and not as ".asp"
7. Access database has a very high restriction on simultaneous users. Hence, if your site receives higher number of hits, plan for migrating to MS SQL as Access cannot handled too many simultaneous users.
8. Table Size should be kept at minimum. Avoid opening multiple tables at a time. Moreover, avoid querying a single large table.
For PHP & My SQL:
1. It is a good method to store connection string in a common file. This common file can be included as a header in all the pages, wherever it is required.
2. IMPORTANT : Avoid using multiple loops in a single pages. Most of the programmers make mistakes in handling loops thus the asp pages will not be executed after few hits.
3. Do not unnecessarily use asp pages. It is strongly adviced to keep the home page as ".html" and not as ".php"
4. Table Size should be kept at minimum. Avoid opening multiple tables at a time. Moreover, avoid querying a single large table.
SiliconHouse Offers – Free 50GB Reseller Web Space + Free RV Site Builder with Any Reseller Hosting Plan you Buy
SiliconHouse Reseller Hosting Sale Starting from 5 August 2011
With Every Reseller Hosting Plan you get 50 GB Reseller Webspace Free for First Year+ FREE RV Site Builder
Start your Reseller Hosting Business from SiliconHouse Offers .
For More Information Call us at 9361777518 or email us at email@example.com
Why SiliconHouse.Net ?
- SiliconHouse.Net Private Limited - Web Hosting Company Since 1998
- 24 X 7 Support from 14 yrs Web Hosting experienced staffs
- Official ICANN Accredited Registrar for .COM Domains
- Official .IN Accredited registrar by Govt of India since 2005
- India's Only Reseller specific Wholesale Web Hosting provider
- SiliconHouse has more than 500+ dedicated servers located across 6 locations
- Unlimited cPanel for Unlimited Website Hosting with cPanelWHM
- We provide .COM registrations at Rs.399 and .IN registrations at Rs.249
- We provide reseller partner hosting package in a 48 GB DDR3 speed server,100% Up time guaranteed